Saturday, January 16, 2010

What foods can I feed a squirrel without bringing in other animals?

We were feeding him roasted salted sunflower seeds, he loves them. But I did a little research and found out that salt is bad for them. I suggested carrots, but we don't want ants/birds coming in. What else can I feed him?


We've been feeding him since he was a baby, he's about a year old now.What foods can I feed a squirrel without bringing in other animals?
peanutsWhat foods can I feed a squirrel without bringing in other animals?
corn...the birds will eat sunflower seeds, and rabbits will get your carrots.....but squirrels love corn, dried corn, not on the cob. You can buy sacks of it at a feed store, or find just the dried ears of corn at any garden store.
Don't... Shoot em! Squirrel meat tastes like bacon too...
LOL @ some of the answers,,, corn%26lt;%26lt; a bird will eat that aswell,,, why not just feed all the animals,,, geesh

No comments:

Post a Comment