Monday, January 18, 2010

How can I stop squirrels and birds from eating my cat's food?

Keep the cat inside. Not only will the squirrels and birds not eat the food but your cat will live probably five times longer. http://www.littlebigcat.com/index.php?ac鈥?/a>





FYI - if birds and squirrels are eating your cat's food you're obviously feeding it a cheap food that's made mostly of grain. For your cat's health switch to a better-quality meat-based food.How can I stop squirrels and birds from eating my cat's food?
I'd say get a cat, but I guess you already have one.





Shouldn't it be his problem?How can I stop squirrels and birds from eating my cat's food?
Keep your doors and windows closed!
feed the cat inside
Write your cat's name on your kitty's dish. (Lol j/k)
I would not leave the food out, if I were you. Besides, feeding him inside will ensure he comes home. Plus, if you leave the food outside, of course other animals will eat it. Most importantly, he may go hungry, and you may have a # of unwelcome animals hanging around.
Why are you leaving food outside and expecting nothing else to be hungry but your cat? Please feed the poor dear in the house, he can get diseases also from the other creatures outside!
keep your food indoors and let your cat come in and out. my cat can open the door but that's not always a good thing.
If you are feeding cats outside and leaving cat food out, then nothing. You'll have to feed them inside.





Besides that, your cats should be kept inside anyway. Who knows what harm they are doing to songbirds. I personally think it is irresponsible of cat owners to let their cats run free. Same goes for leaving food out.
Call the cat or wait till it shows up before you put the food out. Don't just leave the food sitting around to attract pests if the cat's not there.





(I think it's a bit silly how some people get so worked up about other people letting their cats out - that's what they've been doing for thousands of years anyway. If you just moved to an island with a dozen endangered bird species, that's another story, but in most areas where people have settled for a couple centuries or so, the birds will have adapted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment