Saturday, January 16, 2010

What food attracts squirrels?

I am doing a science project for school, and i don't know what food would attract squirrels fast. I would think peanut butterr or something like that.What food attracts squirrels?
Acorns and nuts. Where I used to live there was an abundance of acorns and the squirrels were constantly outside my door eating them. What food attracts squirrels?
corn and bird seed both do. The other things I have seen or sweet potatoes and once a squirrel ran with a apple. If it is late in fall, they take what they get. They hoard mostly nuts, seed, and dry acorns, but I have seen them with strange things. We have a squirrel we call chuck. He lives near the house in a tree nest and in winter probably a close by barn or building. Once we had a table for summer out and the umbrella was up while we were enjoying a cool treat. The squirrel filled it's nest so heavy that it busted and the nuts, gravel, corn and all else got on my umbrella and us. They are great pests if you feed them. They may literally move in. Corn feeders are a good idea to attract a squirrel away from the house.
dry corn,peanuts,seeds
Corn, nuts
corn on the cob dry ed

No comments:

Post a Comment